After our workouts today, my friend Rick and I were walking back from the gym upstairs to our desks. He's part of the second Transformation group, the program that basically saved my life. When Rick was chosen for the program, I was overjoyed because he's been such a supporter of mine. Today I was congratulating him on how great the new group was doing and pointing out the fact that they were already doing exercises that we didn't start doing until a few months in.
"Yeah, but you guys were the trailblazers," he said. "You were the reason we wanted to do this." Instantly I was humbled.
I thought back to the many times during the initial phase of this journey that Rick had encouraged me and how many times he told me of his desire to do the same. Now to see how hard he's working in the gym and the newly found pep in his step is an amazing thing.
I also thought about the beginning of my own transformation and reveled in how amazing God is! How He can take the very thing that you feel is the worst quality you have and turn it into something that can not only benefit yourself, but also be a benefit to other people. He took me from being a person that was finding it increasingly hard to breathe and move at the same time, to being a person who can do a two hour Zumba class; a person whose husband went from being terrified at how I would stop breathing in my sleep on a regular basis to a person whose husband ran with her across the finish line of a 5K in December; a person who had no athletic skill and was always picked last in gym class as a kid to an enthusiastic gym rat who finds daily new and amazing things that her body can do.
I feel awesomely blessed, thankful to God, and assured that no matter how bleak the situation may seem, how hard and long the journey stretches forward ahead of you, with faith and a lot of hard work, miracles are truly and entirely possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment