Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sometimes This Sucks

I like to think that for the most part I stay pretty positive during the many twists and turns of this hard journey. But every now and then one has to have a moment where they step back and say, "this sucks."  I don't do that often, but sometimes it helps to make a list of what sucks in order to expel that frustration and negative emotion. After that you feel much better and can move on in a positive and productive manner. 
  • The scale sucks. Not every day, not every time, but there are some times when you're standing on it, knowing you did everything you could to make those numbers go down, and they don't....or worse yet they go up.  That sucks.
  • The fact that Doritos taste so much better than celery sucks. Wouldn't life be so much better if we could get some veggies that tasted like Cool Ranch?
  • The fact that it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to burn one measly pound sucks.   The fact that you do the majority of that by the way you eat also sucks.
  • Those days where you go down to the gym and have no idea what to do and you feel like you don't do your best, suck. 
  • The fact that eating healthy costs so much sucks.
  • Deceptive "healthy" foods that are high in calorie (and finding this out after you've eaten them) suck.
  • Knowing that this will be a lifetime battle sometimes sucks.
Yes.  Sometimes the struggle sucks and it's okay to say that from time to time. Acknowledging that some days will suck keeps things in perspective and helps keep you on track during the peaks and valleys.  Yesterday I felt like my workout sucked and like I'd never lose another pound.   Today I found my joy back as I emerged from Step and Abs class covered in sweat, calves on fire, but satisfied.  Feeling frustrated doesn't mean your drive is gone or that you're destined to fall off your good path...take it for what it is. Say "this sucks." And then get back to business.   

    1 comment:

    1. Just found your blog. It DOES suck that eating healthy food costs so much. Keep it up, I'm rooting for you!

      ReplyDelete