Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week Without Trainers: Day Five

Finally Friday arrived!  The end of a hard work week and the end of the week without trainers.   We decided to do something fun and ended up in the group exercise room with a Zumba DVD.   I've taken a lot of Zumba classes but this was my first time doing the DVD that you see advertised on TV.

I will recommend that if you are interested in Zumba, definitely take a class if there's one available to you. But, if you don't have access to a class or can't fit it in your schedule, the DVD is a good option.   It was a change from the class I take in that it was almost 100% Latin dancing. While my class is heavily Latin influenced, it's mainly hip hop which I think is why I liked it better.

We did have a good time though, learning our way through Salsa, Rumba, Cumbia, and other styles.   The only downside was that the music reminded me of the music you hear playing at Mexican restaurants.  Immediately I had a strong craving for chips and salsa that wouldn't go away.   At one point, even the Spanish lyrics sounded like "eat some chips and salllllllllllsa" although I know that's not what the singer was saying. 

It was fun and who knew Miss Florence was such a Zumba machine?  I laughed as much as I sweated and that's got to burn some calories!  Next week we are back to having our trainers which will be wonderful, but I am so proud of how we did on our own!  Jeff and Marisa's little birdies flew well when pushed out of the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment