I'm not gonna lie: I am a clutz for sure! Yesterday I was alternating a walk and a run on the treadmill next to Millie. My tunes were great - a J Lo/Tupac/Ozzy mix - and I could feel my feet strongly underneath me. When it came time for my run interval, I felt like I could go faster. Confidently I pushed the speed up while flipping the track on my Ipod and chatting with Millie. The problem was that I hit the speed button too hard and suddenly the treadmill roared to life, the belt flying twice as fast as I have ever gone before.
Keeping up, but panicking, all I could manage to say was, "Too fast! Too fast! Too fast!" Luckily Jeff was right there and rescued me. Later I almost flipped off of the exercise ball while doing crunches. In both cases my stronger muscles helped save me from hurting myself like I would have nine months ago. Fitness brings with it agility, balance, and strength. It's a total package that is so beneficial that even when the numbers on the scale take their time going down, still makes it totally worth it!
LOL; i can totally picture that (too fast too fast). Nice of Jeff to rescue u :)
ReplyDeleteI can totally picture that..lol. Glad you didn't get hurt!!
ReplyDelete