Millie and I had a locker room debate today on what kind of workout we wanted to do. Seeing as it was Monday, I was leaning towards cardio, but she wanted to do weights so that we can keep up these "guns" Jeff and Marisa helped us create. Millie and I are both alpha females of sort and as we don't have our trainers working us out anymore, sometimes we have a friendly butting of heads when planning our workouts.
After Millie assured me that we'd still work up just as much sweat and raised heart rate with the pyramid workout she had from our archives, I gave in and decided to trust my friend. And whew, was she right.
It's a good thing there are no video cameras in the gym because we were making some crazy faces at each other. Our reaction to the strain and pain was seriously youtube worthy. In no time I was covered in sweat and my arms felt like jello. That pyramid workout with free weights might look tame on paper but it was a killer in practice.
Looking satisfied as we headed into the locker room, Millie said, "I told you so!" and I admitted quickly that she was right.
We both headed into separate shower stalls and I heard her yelp from behind her shower curtain, saying, "You'll be able to tell when you lift your arms up."
"Ohhhhh!" I yelped from behind my shower curtain as I took my shirt off, "I'll never doubt you again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment