Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Two in an Ace Bandage

Today was Day Two of having an ace bandage on my foot.  My Transformation Team Mates took off to 5K training and I was benched, at least for that activity.  It was kind of a bummer to miss out on training with them, but I knew not to push it and hurt myself worse.  So, once again I found myself at the gym trying to find a work around. 

Lucky for me, my friends Autumn, Sharon and Dana were down at the gym when I got there. I have worked out with them before and I always end up learning something new from them.  After doing some cardio on the treadmill (I put the speed low and the incline high in order to not stress out my healing foot), I learned how to do my first bench presses with Autumn.  We did burn out sets (among other things) that I am sure I am going to feel tomorrow.

I was so grateful to have folks to work out with today when my motivation was low, folks that will push me to try new things and challenge myself.  In exercise, as in business, it's good to diversify.  This way, you not only confuse your muscles and learn new things, but you make your network of support even greater and that's always a win/win.

No comments:

Post a Comment