That was me today as I headed off to Step class. I was sore, tired and dragging. My problematic right quad, that seems to have a permanent strain, had me getting up from a seated position in a walk that started out like Frankenstein and ended up with a slightly less than normal half limp. The Step routine today was new and challenging (which was awesome) but my legs started cramping halfway through and my workout pants were too long (turns out that happens when you lose weight, who knew?) so I kept tripping over them as I went up and down my step. I just wasn't feeling it. But I kept going because:
- Quitting one time makes it all the more easy to quit the next time.
- Any workout, even one where I'm not your best, is beneficial.
- Giving myself an out when I know I can keep going can create a snowball affect.
- If I'm moving, no matter what modification I have to make, I'm doing something.
- Sometimes success means plugging away at something every day, so that on those days when I don't feel like working out, I just do it because that's my routine.
- Sweat always makes me feel better.
- Not even Mick Jagger is a rock star every day. Some days even he "can't get no satisfaction."
No comments:
Post a Comment