Twas the first Step class after Christmas,
When this afternoon at my desk
Calves were throbbing and hurting
I felt a hot mess.
My cube neighbors were busy,
Unaware of my state.
As I rubbed on my muscles,
Hoping the pain would abate.
When all of a sudden
The pain increased by two-thirds.
I bit my lip sharply
And said some bad words.
The tiger balm in my bag
Seemed just the thing.
An ancient Chinese remedy
To take out the sting.
I slathered it on
With a generous swipe
And sat back in my chair
To try not to gripe.
Thank goodness for my neighbors
It was the end of the day
Because tiger balm smells
A lot like Ben-gay.
So smelling like the elderly
And walking like a mummy,
I hobbled along
Feeling quite crummy.
But sore muscles they come
And sore muscles they go
And the benefits of exercise
Are less con and more pro.
Come tomorrow I know
My legs will be alright.
So happy workouts to all
And to all a goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment