The work day finally ended and then it was off to date night with the hubby. Tonight he wanted to go to Mike's Farm, a wonderful place out in the country, right in the middle of a Christmas tree farm. It's great out there this time of year because of all the pumpkins, hayrides, and apple cider...puts you in the mood to watch "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".
The restaurant usually has a two hour waiting list because of their good country cooking. Dinner is served family style with all of the fried chicken, country ham biscuits, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, pork loin, and gravy you can eat. And that's before dessert. Their mac and cheese is so epic that back in the bad old days, I spent an entire weekend cracking the recipe, and let me tell you, it is sinful.
I haven't been to Mike's Farm since I found the diet religion, but Eric wanted to go so badly that I gave in and I'm proud to report that I ate the pork loin and vegetables with only a taste of mac and cheese. It was definitely the first time I've ever left there not feeling completely stuffed and miserable, and that was better than all the mac and cheese and fried chicken in the world.
![]() |
| At the tree farm. |

No comments:
Post a Comment