Exercise makes you feel good...you get your body going, your blood flowing, your endorphins kick in, you feel the good burn, you push yourself past your limits and you end up leaving the gym feeling like you rule the world. I myself get rather giddy and even more giggly than usual and I'm more often than not laughing like a hyena as I return to the locker room. That being said, sometimes (no matter how much you like to work out) exercise can make even the cleanest of mouths involuntarily spit out a four letter word or two. Maybe its because you're in the middle of a hateful set of squats and you feel like your quads are on fire, or maybe its because you moved your magazine to look at the time, thinking the timer on the elliptical was going to say fifteen minutes and only five have passed. One of my best friends (who shall remain anonymous) has even been known to get so frustrated with the way time seems to crawl the moment you step up on an elliptical machine, that she threw her water bottle across the room. Thank goodness she works out at home or it wouldn't have been pretty.
We've been pushing it hard all week and today was no exception. Our workout, courtesy of Pinterest, was as follows:
- 100 jumping jacks
- 90 crunches
- 80 squats
- 70 leg lifts
- 60 jumping jacks
- 50 crunches
- 40 squats
- 30 leg lifts
- 20 jumping jacks
- 10 bicep curls with weights
Like the maniacs we are, we ran through it twice. Let me tell you, twenty in to that squat set and you're ready to swear like a sailor. And, if you're not ready to say a few choice ones at the time, the next day when you creep your way out of bed, muscles screaming in protest, you will.
Leaving work, one of my favorite workout buddies and I were predicting the shape we're going to be in tomorrow thanks to the workout above that was my suggestion today. As we parted ways in the parking lot, she grinned and said, "I'm gonna cuss you tomorrow!" I just chuckled and realized, that makes two of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment