Thursday, January 5, 2012

Navy Seal Workout

Trainers are sneaky.  No negative connotation implied, I mean that they are sneaky in a way that gets you to do what you never thought you would be capable of. They believe in you before you believe in yourself.

One of my friends told me about the Navy Seal workout plan the other day and I was curious enough to google it.  Reading it through I realized that if we ommitted the swimming portion (our gym doesn't have a pool) we could totally pull it off. It would definitly work towards the "kicking it up" movement.

God bless my trusting friends! I told them to just go along with me and I'd tell them at the end what kind of workout we had done.  It kicked our butts but when we were done I had learned a few things. One: full situps are sooo much harder than crunches. Two: we have more stamina and strength than we think we do. And three: the jaw dropping grin on my friends' faces when I told them what we had just completed was so worth any soreness I may have tomorrow.

On the way to the locker room I ran into our trainer Jeff and told him how I tricked the girls into the seal workout.  He grinned and said, "Now you're thinking like a trainer."


 




No comments:

Post a Comment